欢迎访问政务文库!

新概念英语第一册第133-134课:Sensational news

小秘书 分享 时间: 加入收藏 我要投稿 点赞

  Lesson 133 Sensational news!爆炸性新闻!

  Listen to the tape then answer this question.What reason did Karen Marsh give for wanting to retire?
  听录音,然后回答问题。卡伦.马什说她为什么想要退休?
  Reporter: Have you just made a new film, Miss Marsh?
  记 者:您刚拍完一部新电影吗,马什小姐?

  Miss Marsh: Yes, I have.
  马什小姐:是的,我刚拍完。

  Reporter: Are you going to make another?
  记 者:您准备再拍一部吗?

  Miss Marsh: No, I’m not. I’m going to retire. I feel very tired.
  我准备退休了。我感觉累得很。

  I don't want to make another film for a long time.
  我早就不想再拍片子了。

  Kate: let’s buy a newspaper, Millie.
  凯 特:我们买份报纸吧。莉兹。

  Listen to this!
  你听这段:

  “ Karen Marsh: Sensational News! By our reporter,Alan Jones.
  “卡伦.马什:爆炸性新闻!由本报记者艾伦.琼斯报导。

  Miss Karen Marsh arrived at London Airport today. She was wearing a blue dress and a mink coat.
  卡伦.马什今天到达伦敦机场。她穿着一身蓝色的套装和一件貂皮大衣。

  She told me she had just made a new film. She said she was not going to make another.
  她告诉我她刚拍完一部新片子。她不准备再拍电影了。

  She said she was going to retire. She told reporters she felt very tired and didn’t want to make another film for a long time.”
  她说她准备退休。她告诉记者她感到很疲劳,早就不想再拍电影了。

  Millie: Well, fancy that, Kate!
  莉 兹:我很想知道为什么!

  New words and Expressions生词和短语
  reporter
  n. 记者

  sensational
  adj. 爆炸性的,耸人听闻的

  mink coat
  貂皮大衣

  Notes on the text课文注释
  1 Let's = Let us,常用于第一人称的祈使句中,用来表示请求、建议、命令。
  2 She told me she had just made a new film.她告诉我她刚拍完一部新片子。
  这是间接引语的又一个例子,这句话中含有一个用过去时引述动词的结构。如果我们对比一下Marsh小姐对记者说的话(直接引语)和报上刊载的记者的复述(问接引语),就不难发现,间接引语的动词时态往往要倒移。而这种倒移的普遍规则是:现在时变成过去时,现在完成时变成过去完成时。
  3 I wonder why!我很想知道为什么。

  Lesson 134 He said (that) he…他曾说他… He told me (that) he…他曾告诉我说他…



  Lesson 133-134 自学导读 First things first

  课文详注 Further notes on the text  1.Have you just made a new film, Miss Marsh? 您刚拍完一部电影吗,马什小姐?
  make 可表示“作出某种举动”,其意义根据宾语而定。本句中的make可理解为“拍(摄)”。

  2.make another,再拍一部。
  之后省略了film。

  3.by our reporter = written by our reporter。

  语法 Grammar in use
  需改变时态的间接陈述句
  间接引语里常要改变时态,这是因为原来讲的话与转述这些话之间有一段间隔。选择哪种恰当的形式取决于转述者的着眼点。在间接引语里通常并不确切地重复 讲话者说过的话。转述通常发生在过去,所以引述动词通常是过去时。因此,转述时从句的时态通常要“往回移”(back shift)。一条普遍的规则是:现在时变为过去时,过去时变为过去完成时。为过去时的情态助动词和过去完成时在转述时不变,因为不可能再往回移了。
  使用间接引语主要是为了简洁、紧凑地把说话内容转述给第3者。请看下面直接引语变成间接引语时在时态等方面必须作出的相应变化:
  (1)一般现在时改为一般过去时:
  ‘I'm thirsty,’she said.
  “我渴了”她说。
  She said (that) she was thirsty.
  她说她渴了。
  (2)现在进行时改为过去进行时:
  ‘I'm having a rest,’ she told them.
“我正在休息”她告诉他们。
  She told them (that) she was having a rest.
  她告诉他们说她当时正在休息。
  (3)现在完成时改成过去完成时:
  ‘I've just made a new film,’ she told me.
“我刚完成一部新电影”她告诉我。
  She told me(that) she had just made a new film.
  她告诉我说她刚完成一部新影片。
  (4)一般将来时改成过去将来时(一般用would +动词原形):
  ‘I'll have to ask my husband,’she said.
  “我得问问我丈夫”她说。
  She said (that) she would have to ask her husband.
  她说她将得去问问她丈夫。
  (5)情态动词由现在时改成过去时或条件时态:
  ‘I can see you tomorrow,’she said.
  “我明天可以见你”她说。
  She said (that) she could see me the next day.
  她说她下一天可以见我。
  ‘I'll help you,’she said.
  “我将帮助你”她说。
  She said (that) she would help me.
  她说她将帮助我。
  ‘I may return at six o'clock,’ she told me.
  “我可能6点钟回来”她告诉我。
  She told me (that) she might return at six o'clock.
  她告诉我说她可能6点钟回来。
  (6)为过去时或条件时态的情态助动词不变:
  ‘I could see you tomorrow,’she said.
  “我明天可能会见你”她说。
  She said (that) she could see me the next day.
  她说她第2天会见我。
  ‘I would complain if I were you,’she told me.
  “如果我是你的话,我会抱怨”她告诉我。
  She told me (that) she would complain if she were me.
  她告诉我说,如果她是我的话她就会抱怨的。

  词汇学习 Word study
  1.wonder v.
  (1)感到好奇;想要知道:
  I wonder why he hasn't come.
  我很想知道他为什么没来。
  I was wondering if I could borrow your bicycle.
  我在想是否能借用你的自行车。
  (2)感到惊讶(或诧异):
  She wonders at his rudeness.
  她对他的无礼感到惊讶。
  I shouldn't wonder if she is elected.
  如果她当选,我不会感到惊奇。

  2.sensational adj.
  (1)令人兴奋的;轰动性的:
  The discovery was sensational.
  那个发现引起了轰动。
  (2)<贬>耸人听闻的;企图追求轰动效应的:
  The sensational news report didn't have much effect on them.
  那起耸人听闻的新闻报导对他们并无多大影响。
  (3)<口>非常好;给人深刻印象的:
  She looks sensational in that dress!
  她穿那条裙子的样子真令人难忘!
221381
领取福利

微信扫码领取福利

微信扫码分享