欢迎访问政务文库!

BBC步入商界Unit 15 Entertaining Visitors 款待来宾

学习委员 分享 时间: 加入收藏 我要投稿 点赞
Unit 15 Entertaining visitors 款待来宾

KATE MCKENNA: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your attention.
凯特.麦凯纳:女士们、先生们,谢谢大家全神贯注。

But...I would just like to say a few more words...I promise to keep it brief.
但是……我还要多说几句……我保证很简短。

I know that one or two of you have to leave now, but for those who can stay, it' s time to relax.
我知道你们中的一、两位必须马上离开,但那些可以留下来的人,现在可以松弛一下了。

We have prepared some refreshments so that you can talk informally about how we can work together to make Big Boss a success.
我们准备了一些点心、饮料,大家可以随意谈论一下,我们要怎样共同努力才能使 “大老板”获得成功。

The table that' s over there has plenty of food on it!
那边桌子上堆满了食物!

And I hope to be able to speak to all of you before you leave.
我希望在大家离开之前能和你们每个人都谈一下。

And once again, thank you very much for coming.
再次感谢大家的莅临。

CLIVE HARRIS: Don, what are your plans for this weekend?
克莱夫.哈里斯:堂,周末你有没有安排?

DON BRADLEY: Nothing special. Why?
堂.布拉德利:没什么特别的事情。有什么事吗?

CLIVE HARRIS: Sakai is back in London for a week before flying home.
克莱夫.哈里斯:酒井要来呆上一周,之后才搭飞机回家。

He still hasn' t decided which company he wants to deal with.
他还没有决定和哪家公司合作交易。

He is interested in Dealer Dan.
他对“商人丹”感兴趣。

We will have to work hard.
我们必须努力才行。

We have to close this deal.
我们必须要完成这份交易。

He may be free this weekend and a friend of Sakai' s told me he' s a keen golfer.
他这个周末或许有空,酒井的一位朋友告诉我,他酷爱打高尔夫。

Will you be able to offer him a game?
你能请他打一局吗?

DON BRADLEY: Yes, I could call him at his hotel.
堂.布拉德利:好的,我可以打电话到他住的宾馆。

KATE MCKENNA: Yes...we know how important the American market is.
凯特.麦凯纳:是的……我们知道美国市场是多么的重要。

In fact our Chief Executive appointed an American as Director of Marketing and Sales.
实际上,我们的总裁委任一名美国人作为营销和销售部主管。

Well, you know Don Bradley...he' s born and bred in Los Angles.
你认识堂.布拉德利 …… 他在洛杉矶出生、长大。

DON BRADLEY: Ah, Mr. Sakai, this is Don Bradley from Bibury Systems.
堂.布拉德利:啊,酒井先生,我是Bibury系统公司的堂.布拉德利。

MR. SAKAI: Ah, yes, hello Don.
酒井先生:啊,你好,堂。

DON BRADLEY: How' s your trip going?
堂.布拉德利:你的旅行还好吧?

MR. SAKAI: Very well, thank you.
酒井先生:很好,谢谢。

Hard work, but very useful.
工作有难度,但很有用。

DON BRADLEY: I hear you play golf?
堂.布拉德利:我听说你喜欢打高尔夫?

MR. SAKAI: That' s right. I do.
酒井先生:对。我喜欢打。

DON BRADLEY: I' m a member of a very good club that' s not far from your hotel.
堂.布拉德利:我是一家不错的高尔夫俱乐部的会员,这个俱乐部离你的宾馆不远。

Would you care for a round tomorrow?
有没有兴趣明天打一局?

MR. SAKAI: Thank you very much, but I have just arranged to visit some tourist sites tomorrow.
酒井先生:非常感谢,不过我已经安排了明天去参观一些旅游景点。

DON BRADLEY: Then how about on Sunday?
堂.布拉德利:那星期天怎么样?

MR. SAKAI: Yes. That' s fine.
酒井先生:好。星期天可以。

DON BRADLEY: Can I offer you a lift?
堂.布拉德利:我来接你好吗?I' ll come to collect you at your hotel at 10.30.
我10:30到你的宾馆接你。

MR. SAKAI: That' s very nice of you.
酒井先生:你太好了。

DON BRADLEY: Let' s meet in the hotel lobby.
堂.布拉德利:我们在宾馆大堂见。

MR. SAKAI: Fine.
酒井先生:好的。

KATE MCKENNA: Would you excuse me?
凯特.麦凯纳:抱歉,能打扰一下吗?

I must just have a quick word with George before he goes.
乔治走之前,我要跟他说两句,很快的。

George, thank you very much for coming.
乔治,谢谢你的光临。

I hope you think it was worth it.
希望你觉得没有白来。

US SALES AGENT: Kate, it has been a great presentation and a great evening.
美国销售代理:凯特,这场演示和会议都很棒。

KATE MCKENNA: Well, please stay in touch and let me know how the campaign goes.
凯特.麦凯纳:请保持联络,让我了解广告活动的运行情况。

MR. SAKAI: How often do you manage to play golf?
酒井先生:你多久打一次高尔夫?

DON BRADLEY: I like to play twice a week but neither Clive nor I have been able to play in the last three weeks because we抳e been too busy.
堂.布拉德利:我希望可以一周打两次,但克莱夫和我在过去的三周都没打过,太忙了。

MR. SAKAI: If I could just touch on business for a second...
酒井先生:我能否说几句公事…

DON BRADLEY: Please do.
堂.布拉德利:请说。

MR. SAKAI: Let me be open.
酒井先生:那我就直说了。

A rival of Bibury Systems is not only marketing a similar product but is also launching it around the same time.
Bibury系统公司的一个竞争对手不仅是类似的产品,并且上市的时间也几乎相同。

DON BRADLEY: Have you seen the rival product?
堂.布拉德利:你见过他们的产品吗?MR. SAKAI: Yes, I have seen Dealer Dan.
酒井先生:是的,我见过“商人丹”。

DON BRADLEY: Which product would you prefer?
堂.布拉德利:那你喜欢哪件产品?

MR. SAKAI: Personally I like the Boss better.
酒井先生:我个人更喜欢“大老板”。

MR. SAKAI: Why did you come to the UK?
酒井先生:你为什么来英国?

DON BRADLEY: My wife is English.
堂.布拉德利:我太太是英国人。

We lived in America for a while, but she prefers living near her family.
我们在美国住过一段时间,但她更愿住得离她的家庭近些。

MR. SAKAI: How did you meet your wife?
酒井先生:你是怎样和你的太太相遇的?

DON BRADLEY: After university I came to Europe to have a short holiday.
堂.布拉德利:大学毕业后,我来欧洲度个短假。

At least that was the plan.
至少当时是这样计划的。

Within six months I was both married and working for Bibury Systems.
但在六个月的时间里我结了婚,并且开始为Bibury系统公司工作。

And I' m still here.
现在,依然还留在这里。

MR. SAKAI: You must like living in the UK, then?
酒井先生:那你一定喜欢住在英国了?

DON BRADLEY: At first I thought I would never get used to the weather, but there are lots of good things.
堂.布拉德利:最初,我想我绝不会适应这里的天气,但也有一些好的方面。

I love the countryside and I really enjoy going to the theatre.
我喜欢乡村风景,我很享受去电影院的感受。

MR. SAKAI: Ah, you like the theatre.
酒井先生:啊,你喜欢电影院。

DON BRADLEY: I love the theatre!
堂.布拉德利:我热爱电影院!

MR. SAKAI: That' s good.
酒井先生:太好了。

I was planning to go to the theatre to see 'welfth Night'.
我正准备去电影院看《第十二夜》呢。

Do you have any plans for tomorrow evening?
你明天晚上有计划吗?

DON BRADLEY: No, not really.
堂.布拉德利:不,没有。

MR. SAKAI: If you can spare the time perhaps you and your wife would care to join me.
酒井先生:如果你能抽出空来,或许你和你的太太可以和我一起去。

DON BRADLEY: Well, I' ll have to check with her, but it sounds like a wonderful idea.
堂.布拉德利:嗯,我要看一下她的时间,不过这确实是个好注意。

And after the play you must let us buy you dinner in return.
看完后,你一定允许我们请你吃晚餐作为回报。

MR. SAKAI: See you tomorrow, Don.
酒井先生:明天见,堂。

DON BRADLEY: Bye-bye.
堂.布拉德利:再见。

MR. SAKAI: First of all I would like to thank you for your hospitality, your excellent presentations and your patience.
酒井先生:首先感谢你们的热情款待,精彩的演示和坚韧不拔。

I' m afraid it has taken me a long time to decide on a European partner,
恐怕我花在选择欧洲伙伴上的时间有些长,

but I am sure you will understand that it is a very important decision for Detmore Systems.
但我相信你们能理解这对Detmore系统公司是个很重要的决定。

I have looked at all the options, I have talked to my staff in Tokyo and we have decided on Big Boss.
我已经看过了所有的选择,也和在东京的工作人员谈过,我们决定用“大老板”。

Ten minutes ago Clive and I shook hands on a provisional agreement.
10分钟前,克莱夫和我就已经临时协议达成一致。

There is still a lot of negotiating to do, of course,but I am looking forward to successful partnership with your company
当然,还有很多方面要谈,但我期望和贵公司的合作是成功的,

and I am sure we' ll get to know each other very well over the next few months.
我确信在接下来的几个月我们会彼此更深的了解。
221381
领取福利

微信扫码领取福利

微信扫码分享